The Stoney Glen West Association relies solely on volunteers to handle the business of the community. Please consider lending your time and skills to help keep the Stoney Glen West community as a great place to live. The Board is assisted by several dedicated individuals who serve as chairpersons for important standing committees. If you are interested in volunteering to serve on any of the committees below, please email the Board at email@example.com.
Consider nominating yourself to run for a position on the Board or volunteering to assist on any of the standing committees. Volunteers are ALWAYS welcome.
Architectural Review Board (ARB)
- This committee’s main activity is reviewing requests to make any modifications to the exterior of your home or property. This must be done to ensure that your proposed changes meet all the requirements outlined in the Association Covenants and the Community Standards.
- Please request permission for all exterior changes to your property (home or land) from the ARB before starting any work. It will save you time and effort in the long run. Check out the forms available in the download sections. These should help make the process simpler.
- This committee’s goal is to keep residents informed of safety and security tips and/or alerts provided by the Chesterfield County Police.
- The role of a committee member is to act as a point of contact in their block/section to assist in rapidly communicating safety and security items to (or from) neighbors.
- A monthly newsletter is distributed electronically to those on the committee.
- This committee focuses its efforts on creating ways to unite the community. These have included fun activities for the children at the playground on key holidays throughout the year, issuing newsletters twice a year, set-up and display of beautiful luminarias at Christmas time, Octoberfest at the playground, yard sales, and community phone directory updates. Other events this year include: Community Car Show,Yard of the Month (May and June), and Holiday House for the most festively decorated Christmas home.
- Volunteers are always needed!
Grounds and Landscaping
- This committee, as the name implies, leads our efforts to maintain an attractive appearance to our community. Whether it is the entrance areas into each cluster, the playground and surrounding area, or the Happy Hill entrance road, this committee’s efforts are seen and appreciated by all residents and people just passing by.